From: Craig Ringer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 2:49 AM
To: Jonathan Sibony
Cc: podofo-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Podofo-users] PDF version

Jonathan Sibony wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I wrote a small code based on the image extractor, it doesn't make
much
> sense but it reproduces the bug.
> (my code is too long and specific).
>
> I'd be happy to supply a small input file (how? moderator didn't like
my
> attachment (19K pdf file))

Sorry, I didn't realise the sf.net moderator was quite so fussy.

The best option at this point, since this hasn't proved to be easily
reproducible and I'm struggling to get the information I need, is to
file a bug at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=154028&atid=790130that
includes:
        - the PDF as an attachment
        - The EXACT PoDoFo VERSION YOU ARE USING AND WHERE YOU
          GOT IT FROM
        - Your compiler and version
        - Your platform and version
        - Details of the exception thrown. Either catch the error
          and use PdfError or use your debugger. See the code snippet
          below.

I've amended your sample code below to be (a) properly minimal and (b)
to catch and report the exception. Please run it and tell me what it
outputs. If you are on Windows, compile it as a "console application"
(exact method varies depending on IDE/tools) and run it from cmd.exe ;
on other platforms, run it in a terminal.

#include <podofo/podofo.h>
using namespace PoDoFo;

int main()
{
    const char* inname = "input.pdf"; //change to full path

    try {
        PdfDocument indoc( inname );
    } catch( PdfError & e ) {
        e.PrintErrorMsg();
        return e.GetError();
    }
    return 0;
}

PLEASE RUN THE ABOVE CODE AND INCLUDE ITS OUTPUT IN YOUR BUG REPORT on
the sf.net tracker. Thanks.

--
Craig Ringer