Vous (Dominik Seichter) avez écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I got a PDF file which can be correctly read and written using PoDoFo.
> After writing with PoDoFo, one cannot open the file with Acrobat Reader.
>
> Acrobat Reader reports the following error: "There was an error opening
> this document.  The root object is missing or invalid.". GhostScript is
> also not able to open the PDF whereas Poppler/KPDF and PoDoFo can read the
> file.
>
> I am stuck and not able to see why the root object seems to be invalid.
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> The original file can be found here:
> http://krename.sourceforge.net/data/podofo/PAN_cscicur.pdf
>
> The file created by PoDoFo which causes the error can be found here:
> http://krename.sourceforge.net/data/podofo/podofo.pdf
>
> Any help is appreciated!
>
> best regards,
>       Dom

I haven’t time to help much, but still here are few things:
a) GS opens it without complaining here (version 8.62)
b) I removed the /Metadata key with podofobrowser and after that acroread did
open the file, just showing a very fast dialog "…damaged…rebuild…" (couldn’t
read more).

HTH

--
Pierre Marchand