On Sun, 2018-01-07 at 23:40 +0100, Matthew Brincke wrote:
> the attached patch is for changing the behaviour to what an
> unsupported filter should do: throw an exception with code
> ePdfError_UnsupportedFilter instead of leaving the output
> stream empty

        Hi,
thanks for the patch. I agree with you, it's a bad idea to not claim an
error when not processing the data (unless the caller might decode it
on its own, but let's see whether there is any such).

> and also for cleaning up the code of the filter
> for release (e.g. removing all what's #ifdef'd out).

This part is questionable, see below.

> After the release, feel free to revert it,

Well, it doesn't make sense to add something only for one release and
then revert it, really. I didn't agree with the "clean-up the code"
change, because that to-be-finished code snippet can help someone other
and even it is in the repository history, there's no need to remove it
and then add it again, thus I simplified your change in revision 1866:
https://sourceforge.net/p/podofo/code/1866

> ... (after my other patch) ...

I'm not sure what "other patch" you are referring to, I'm sorry. I'm
slowly processing backlog of the messages on the list.

        Bye,
        zyx