Dmitry,

> Le 21 févr. 2018 à 17:37, Dmitry Salychev <darkness....@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> (this is a copy of my previous reply which, for some reason, wasn't posted on
> the mailing list yesterday O_o)

Indeed. I guess the list is moderated by hand to filter out noise. Or
Sourceforge really has email backlog issues since they moved last week and had
pretty much everything down for multiple days. I received minutes ago the echo
of another post I made yesterday.

> First of all, you've to know what kind of image you're going to access. They
> usually can be stored in a PDF file two ways: XObject image or inline one.
> Does it make any sense?

It will start making sense soon and slowly, now that I have put my hands on the
ISO32000_2008.pdf from Adobe website and I have started reading bits and blurbs
here and there.

The main situation for this image access is when processing PDF files made by
scanners, so where each PDF page is essentially one single bitmap.  Will these
be XObjects or inline images or could be both. I still have to learn here.
Though I will have to make it work too for custom built PDF made of text,
drawings and eventually images added the way PoDoFo adds them (by DrawImage).
Of course in this case only those images are expected to be found: I'm not
looking to get a bitmap rendering of the whole page (à la Ghostscript).

Olivier Mascia