Hello Christian,
the language of this list is English. Now to your question about merging
pages: I don't think this is implemented in PoDoFo right now. The
general idea would be to wrap the content stream of the first page with
a push/pop command (q/Q) and append the content stream of the second
page. Ressources have to be merged as well and references renamed in
some cases. The approach can be found e.g. in the pyPDF library:

https://github.com/mfenniak/pyPdf/blob/trunk/pyPdf/pdf.py#L1142

Joerg