Hi,

On Wed, 2019-01-23 at 13:35 +0100, Francesco Pretto wrote:
> > weird, neither my checkout has it, nor the trunk:
>
> I have ePdfDataType_Unknown = 0xff because I pushed for this change
> some time ago[1].

I see, that's a long time ago.

> I ask you if we can move on with the change applied by Matthew, which
> I think is wise and has the benefit of accommodating the change I was
> aiming for.

I gave you a counter-example, where the committed change will break
things (when the Unknown would be changed to -1 instead). For the
consistency, the None is set to -1, the (other) Unknown-s to 0xff. Why
not make them consistent in a way to declare Unknown/None as the first
value of the enum with the value -1? Would that work for you? If not,
why not? I kind of miss what you are aiming for. Is it anything else
than having all Unknown being 0xff, which can eventually cause waste of
memory in combination with -fshort-enums (while the switch is
potentially dangerous, it can be useful for someone whom bundles PoDoFo
into his/her own project and doesn't expose it into the public)?

> If you are reverting

I'm not going to revert anything. I just express my opinion on the
change.

> I will not complain but I kindly ask you to comment the code with a
> warning so nobody will attempt to change that underlying type anymore

Right, it makes sense to add the comment there. I'm not going to add it
there myself though. Not yet at least.

        Bye,
        zyx