On Wed, 2019-01-30 at 17:06 +0100, Michal Sudolsky wrote:
> Actually there is huge chance that modern compiler will optimise this
> only to single call (if are optimisations enabled). And even if not
> there are "heavier" things inside loop so it would be negligible
> performance gain.

        Hi,
I'm not sure what you mean with "modern compiler". I did not have
anything ancient on my mind.

Yes, of course, there is a chance for the compiler help, but those
begin()/end() can be called million times (generally speaking,
according to my personal experience it can have significant performance
hit). It's also nice to have things working consistently (debug builds
can have disabled certain/all optimizations).

And yes, no doubt, there are other places which are bigger performance
hit than these. One might start somewhere, right?

I didn't mean that using the end() call in the mabri's patch is a stop
for the patch inclusion, that's definitely not the case. I only wanted
to say that it would be nice to make things optimized a bit. I'm sorry
if it was not clear from my comment (that's why I used "bonus points").

        Bye,
        zyx