Hello F.E., hello all,
> On 03 April 2019 at 12:11 "F. E." <exler7...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello again,
> I created two alternative patches for this issue, since the first one feels
> rather ugly. With patch v2, I switched the PdfReference parameter to
> call-by-value instead of call-by-reference.

I'd like to refrain from changing API before 0.9.7 unless it's really necessary
to fix a bug, here it isn't (see your first patch, which I'm going to accept
after some testing going OK, from reading it it's fine).
> With patch v3, I kept the parameter as it is, but passed a local copy of the
> required PdfReference to the function.

That looks clean (and the comment I'd like to put into the first one) but
there's
one problem: The method called is public so all users would need to change their
calls to fix the problem, so that's clearly impractical (+ docs'd need to
change).

> With either of the three patches, the annotations are deleted without leftover
> objects, as it should be.

IIRC the object wasn't deleted to allow it to be reused, but I'm not sure if
that
was really correct (the docs aren't clear about this).

Conclusion: Please wait for my acceptance of your first patch with some cosmetic
and comment changes (I first need to test it), I reject v2 and v3 herewith.

> Greetings, F.E.

Best regards, mabri