Hello zyx, hello all,
> On 14 August 2019 at 08:59 zyx <z...@gmx.us> wrote:
>

> On Tue, 2019-08-13 at 14:11 +0200, Matthew Brincke wrote:
> > but Boost isn't searched for when configuring the podofo build (with
> > cmake) because it wasn't added as even an optional dependency to the
> > project.
>
>       Hi,
> are you sure of that? See:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/podofo/code/HEAD/tree/podofo/trunk/cmake/modules/FindBoost.cmake
> https://sourceforge.net/p/podofo/code/HEAD/tree/podofo/trunk/CMakeLists.txt#l461
>
> and
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/podofo/code/HEAD/tree/podofo/trunk/README.html#l188

I'm so sorry, I see my false description now, when I wrote what you quote I was
so sure
of "optional dependencies" (by definition) only including packages checked for
by default
that I only checked the output of my last cmake run for any mention of Boost
before writing
that and sending it off. After checking CMakeLists.txt and README.html directly
after I saw
your reply I now understand I was mistaken.
Please let me just make a suggestion: What do you think about calling such a
package
a "hidden optional dependency"?

>       Bye,
>       zyx