Forgive my cluelessness.

On Sunday 02 December 2001 07:32 pm, you wrote:
> Is there some kind of event for a connection that goes away gracefully
> without saying "goodbye" in some fashion (TCP)?

It turns out that task lies with my Wheel::ReadWrite and I'm not checking for
write errors there because it never occurred to me that my remote might go
away.

My other case delt with using SysRW directly to flush() and put() and
apparently an undocumented $! is set if put() fails, or at least
Wheel::ReadWrite seems to check that after it calls a put() on $driver.

Checking my ErrorEvent properly and $! when I put() directly should solve
both my problems and enable me to clean up gracefully, thus solving one of
the few remaining stumbling blocks to completion of my project.

dngor from #perl says he's patching Driver's man page to include info about
$!'s existance.

If you're out there dngor, thanks again for your help!

<snip>
> Or did I miss something?

Yeah, I did.

<snip>