On Sat, 2002-08-31 at 18:24, Rocco Caputo wrote:
> I just received a similar problem report and suggested a solution that
> might also work for you.  Namely, sockets should have their
> close-on-exec flags set to true so they don't "bleed" into child
> processes.
>
> If this sample code works for you, I'd like to consider setting the
> close-on-exec for sockets in SocketFactory.  Please let me know.

I second that.  In several instances, my SOAP server couldn't be
restarted because one of the child process unintentionally held on to
the socket.  I was looking for a way to set the option.  The problem was
that the current PoCo::Server::TCP interface does not expose the
underlying socket.

Setting the option directly in POE::Wheel::SocketFactory will solve the
problem nicely.

Pete