On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 10:58:58PM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> POE::Kernel->call turns an undef return result into a zero length string ''
> rather than passing the undef return result.
>
> If this is the behavior expected of 'call' please update the docs for 'call'
> as it took me a while to find this out myself the hard way.
>
> Jason Stillwell (DragonFax on #poe)

[test case]

Thank you for the test case.  Legacy code from the time of scalar-only
call() was translating undef into "".  I could find no reason to keep
that behavior: It wasn't documented, and none of POE's tests failed
without it.

The un-undef "feature" has been removed and committed to CVS.  People
who suspect it may be a problem should test it and report issues
before POE's next release.

-- Rocco Caputo - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://poe.perl.org/