On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 12:12:04AM -0600, Werlax wrote:

> "Rocco Caputo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > You should do the cleanup in two stages.
> >
> > sub cleanup {
> >   $_[KERNEL]->post( magnet => quit => "Bye." );
> > }
> >
> > sub irc_disconnected {
> >   my ($server) = $_[ARG0];
> >   print "Lost connection to server $server.\n";
> >   $_[KERNEL]->post( magnet => unregister => "all" );
> > }
>
> You don't specify how to call the subroutine irc_disconnected.  Is this
> something that is called automatically upon disconnect (via the 'quit') or
> must I call this from within the cleanup subroutine?  Is the ARG0 being
> passed from this automatic call?
> Thanks for the help!

It comes from POE::Component::IRC.  From the perldoc:

       irc_disconnected
           The counterpart to irc_connected, sent whenever a
           socket connection to an IRC server closes down
           (whether intentionally or unintentionally). ARG0 is
           the server name.

Apologies for not stating it outright.

-- Rocco Caputo - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://poe.perl.org/