On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 11:23:22PM -0500, Rocco Caputo wrote:

> POE's SocketFactory supports IPv6 if two conditions are met:
>
>   1. Install the Socket6 module.
>   2. SocketFactory's SocketDomain parameter is set to AF_INET6.
>
> PoCo::IRC (version 2.5 here) does not directly support the AF_INET6
> socket domain, but I have heard of people successfully modifying the
> component to do it.

        I believe I received a patch for this some time ago, but I'm
kind of loath to apply it, as I wanted to tinker with it a bit, but have
no means of testing any IPv6-specific code. Hmmm.

Dennis Taylor           "Anyone whose days are all the same and free from
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    want inhabits eternity of a sort."  - Peter Hoeg
   PGP Fingerprint: A40B 4A41 F140 9196 C598  B096 5324 F39E 42F9 9A11