On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 11:24:18AM +0100, Sam Vilain wrote:

>     I would like to employ POE also - does anybody have experience
>     with wheel processes (children) creating one or more wheels again?
>
> You probably want to start a new poe kernel in each sub-process, and
> pass messages if necessary to the parent process (eg, via STDOUT).

I have seen people call POE::Kernel->run() at the end of their child
process, using Program => \&function.

  sub function {
    POE::Session->new(...);
    POE::Kernel->run();
  }

Some points to remember:

1. The child process exits once function() returns.
2. Function won't return until POE::Kernel->run() does.
3. POE::Kernel->run() won't return until all sessions have stopped.
4. Sessions active in the parent process will be copied on fork.  They
   may then be running in the parent and child processes.

--
Rocco Caputo - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://poe.perl.org/