Hello again, seams I'm having problems...

I'm trying to use DBI, but can't use the DBI components, becuase getting them into
this place will take longer than my deadline, so trying to impliment my own DBI code
used from POE...

I have a POE session that makes a connection via DBI to Sybase and performs a query.
Based on query results, the session may then run a Wheel to fork a child to perform
another longer query.
Ideally, the first query connection will be left open, the firsts query is an alarmed
event that runs again in 60 sec - however, closing the connection does not help
prevent my problem.

Even if the forked process does nothing but exit, the Perl debugger shows me it going
through the DBI disconnect_all routine, that appears to exit the DBI module, but the
child just terminates at that point.

The parent appears to be sleeping (based on truss output), but NEVER comes back to the
POE kernel, unless I interrupt it, in which case, all my queued events run at that
point and then it exits in error.

So my forked process appears to be blocking my main code and causing it to crash -
suggestions?

--
David

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com