Scott wrote:

[...]
I mean this in the nicest way possible, because I honestly can't think of a nicer way to say it without being unclear of my opinion.

I really don't think that anyone should be so pretentious as to say "you don't need this [feature]" to a programming community, doing so leads to people complaining about the programming framework and how it can't do something because of a design decision. I think that if a person wants to do it, that's reason enough to let them.

No offense, but do you have a stronger arguement than 'People will bitch' ?

No... I mean yes.

My usual usage example would be for dispatching a DNS request, which is essentially expedited events. Somebody[1] on IRC was also talking about User interfaces, Security intrusion detection and just about anything else that is time-critical.

Could we think about adding a way to send meta information along with an event to the queue, so we have a way to create priority based queues or other concepts?

--hachi

[1] 'Somebody' is defined as you in this context. (IIRC)