I don't want it to run forever.  After all hosts have been pinged, I expect
it to continue.  Only when I hit CTRL-C does it continue on...

"Duane Beck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Can anyone tell me why my WHY DOES THIS NEVER RUN section below does
run?

> It runs because your session runs out of hosts to ping (presumably after
getting responses or timeouts from the three in @addresses) and terminates.
It's normal for POE::Kernel::run to return after all sessions have
terminated (by virtue of having no pending events).

> If you want it to run forever, consider pushing each address back on the
end of @addresses whenever you shift one off the front.  You'll probably
want to provide for a minimum delay before pinging a host again.