Ofer Nave wrote:
That's great news!

Do you have an ETA, Michael?

-ofer

Rocco Caputo wrote:

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 10:12:20PM -0700, Michael Nino wrote:

Hi,

Okay, POE is a multitasking environment but how? I'm new to POE and want very much to use it but cannot figure out how. It must be so simple I cannot see how to implement it. In short, I have a name server zone file that I want to process. I want an arbitrary number or workers processing the file. I am currently using Parallel::ForkControl successfully but I want to use POE. Here is my current code. Thank you sooooooo much in advance!

Sincerely,
Michael

I don't understand why you would want to change a tidy little program
that already works well.

The POE version would only be as tidy as your existing code if someone
writes a component as specialized as Parallel::ForkControl.  That
person would probably be someone who needs the code (or who is paid to
write it).  So far you are the most likely candidate.  :)

LOL. You guys I am probably not explaining myself very well or I am misunderstanding. First, I would very much like to participate in the POE project but my question was this:

Doesn't POE::Wheel::Run offer the same basically functionality as Parallel::ForControl. If so, how would one implement a basic multiprocess script.

Thanks,
Michael