On 06-Nov-2004 Rhesa Rozendaal wrote:
> The server starts fine, but as soon as I fire up the client that calls
> the server, the server dies:
>
> Storable doesn't have a freeze or nfreeze method at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.6.1/POE/Component/IKC/Channel.pm line 357
> Storable doesn't have a thaw method at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.6.1/POE/Component/IKC/Channel.pm line 357
> Can't use string ("") as a subroutine ref while "strict refs" in use at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.6.1/POE/Filter/Reference.pm line 175.

This following patch, to be applied against POE 0.29, should fix this
problem.

It tests the problem by pseudo-loading FreezeThaw, then testing it as a
freezer.  FreezeThaw isn't part of the standard perl distribution, though.
So I don't know if this is a good test.  Maybe YAML?  Maybe create a new
test file altogether?

-Philip