Sungo wrote:
POE::Exceptions was an idea we had for how to put exceptions in the
core. the hope was to spur discussion and other ideas beyond my
implementation thoughts. turns out that was false hope. *shrug*

--
sungo
http://eekeek.org

Well, I certainly like the idea of sending a die "signal". It actually gives you more control over your exception handlers than what can be easily done in non-POE programming. For example, you could have a single exception-handling session, or have a session handle it's own exceptions. The trickiest part, I think, is actually having the parent session handle the child sessions exceptions. It seems like parent session has to keep an updated list of child sessions through the _child state and compare every die signal against it.
Anyway, wish it was in the core.....but I imagine it might break some programs out there if die suddenly stops killing programs and starts throwing exceptions.