Hello all,

I'd like to run a PoCo::Server::TCP server on
perlmonks.org<http://perlmonks.org>to eliminate as much of the XML
ticker polling as possible. How can I
estimate how many clients the perlmonks.org
<http://perlmonks.org>PoCo::Server::TCP process can serve? Its a
FreeBSD box if that makes a
difference. Some estimates showed peak http server usage at around 50-60 web
clients at a time though this new streaming service may entice other people
to leave their own clients open and siphoning. Maybe twice that many will
actually use this at peak.

If one client starts tarpitting their connection to the PoCo server will
that affect other clients? I think this means that the client stops
responding with ACK or something but I'm no TCP guy. I just recall stuff
like La Brea of a year ago and wonder if someone with a vengeance will be
able to make life for all the other clients miserable.

Joshua ben Jore, diotalevi on perlmonks.org <http://perlmonks.org>