On Feb 14, 2006, at 19:07, lanas wrote:

Using POE::Component::Client::TCP, I'm trying to get some 32 bytes of
data from a process.  It goes like this.  I send a command code, the
other guy gets it, and then replies with 32 bytes of data.  So far so
good.  Ethereal shows what's going on.  But then, the other guy
immediately closes the connection, resulting in my
POE::Component::Client::TCP exiting with:

Client 2 got read error 0 (Normal disconnection)

The ServerInput event never gets the data.

It sounds like the server is sending back a block of binary data, not a CR/LF terminated line. You may want to use POE::Filter::Block rather than POE::Filter::Line (the default) for your client input.

--
Rocco Caputo - [EMAIL PROTECTED]