You could move the use POE line above the two use sigtrap lines.

David

On 22 May 2006 14:07:57 -0700, sbk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hi,

i'm realizing that loading POE replaces my signal handlers

is there a way around this?  i rather like my signal handlers ... :)
they perform useful chores, like clean up shared memory segments.  of
course, i rather like POE, too ... it does useful things for me ...
naturally, i want both!

--sk

stuart kendrick
fhcrc

guru% cat test
#!/opt/vdops/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
use sigtrap 'handler' => \&shut_down, 'normal-signals';
use sigtrap 'handler' => \&shut_down, 'error-signals';
use POE;

while (1) {
  sleep 60;
}

sub shut_down {
  die "yay!";
}
guru%./test
[hit Ctrl-C here]
guru%

whereas if i remove the 'use POE;' line, i see the following:

guru%./test
yay! at ./test line 13.
guru%