I don't know your reasons for FTP, but are you stuck on it?

My preferred method for doing this has been to just mount a windows share
via SMB/CIFS, and use it like just-another-unix-filesystem.  IMHO There's no
good reason to write networking code where file IO will suffice.  Just
another point of failure.

You did mention that it's all inside the firewall, and your windows Server
probably already has the directory in question shared.  (C$ at the least!)
All you need then is a mount statement, either manually in your script, or
automounted in your /etc/fstab.
A note though, If you use win 2k3 - you will need CIFS, not samba, to mount
with proper permissions.  This is easier on a 2.6 series kernel, as the 2.4
series, (on slackware at least,) has to be patched for cifs support.
(Though it really is quite easy to do.)

Regards,

Gavin McDonald
EVI Logistic Enterprises