We have a POE app that reads multiple input files, reformats them and the posts them to various binaries wrapped with PoCo::Child that in turn load the data into our underlying system. The problem we are running into is that PoCo::Child seems to be buffering two or three records at a time. Sometimes we have interdependencies between records going into various loaders, so we need these to be unbuffered. In looking at PoCo::Child, I see how it uses POE::Wheel::Run, which in turn uses POE::Driver::SysRW and that Driver::SysRW has a flush() method.

Do I need to patch PoCo::Child's write() to flush() after each write()? Or is there some setting or a better way to get unbuffered writes to PoCo::Child?

Thanks in advance for any advice.