Hi all,

I am pretty new to POE, and I'm using POE::Component::Server::TCP to
received messages relayed from a Big Brother server, and it successfully
accepts about 1000 messages per minute.  Unfortunately it also has the
odd 'hicup' every two or three minutes, and stops accepting connections
for a second or two.  I don't think it's a network problem, because if I
telnet to localhost on the POE server whilst the issue is occuring, the
connection doesn't go through until BB messages start getting through
again.  I was wondering if anyone else has had any experiences like this
with POE?  I've managed to compact my code to what is below, but the
issue still occurs.  Any chance you could take a look?

CODE:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use POE qw(Component::Server::TCP);