Allo,

I think I'm seeing an edge case resource leak in PoCo::Server::SOAP
(or perhaps ::Server::SimpleHTTP , which handles the network interface
for ::SOAP) .

I have a monitoring system which connects to my daemon to make sure
the TCP socket is still connecting.  The monitor just checks for
socket open, and then closes the socket without sending input or
recv'ing output.
this connection is leaving a socket stuck open on the server side in
CLOSE_WAIT state.

turning on TRACE_DEFAULT, I see in the closing heap-scan that the
SimpleHTTP object is building up REQUEST id's , with undef'd  and 0'd
items.

if the server gets any data, the info gets into the SimpleHTTP
handler, and the connection is closed cleanly.
it's just this edge case where there's nothing to read from the socket
where the server-side isn't closing out cleanly if the client side
closes.

Thanks

         -jer johnson