Matt Sickler wrote:
the pod of what?

go ahead

On 3/6/07, *Jmax* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    According to the pod, ->put should take an ARRAYREF_OF_RECORDS,
    however,
    it expects an array of records.  Shall I post a bug report on RT?

The pod of POE::Wheel::ReadWrite. I don't know that a bug report is proper, however. This "bug" has existed for so long while not being considered a bug. That is to say, other applications and POE components have been built around this faultily documented error. Such modules as POE::Component::Client::TCP, POE::Component::Client::TCPMulti, POE::Component::Server::TCP have either documented using an array instead of an arrayref, or have actually used an array instead of an arrayref in the code. The only component I checked that used POE::Wheel::ReadWrite and did not ->put an array was POE::Component::IRC.

I guess my point is that there could easily be some serious breakage in both modules on CPAN and in programs developed with POE. So, given that, should I still file a bug report? And if so, how should one implement the change?