Hi Kenneth,

Please see the docs on this subject at:

http://search.cpan.org/~rcaputo/POE-0.9989/lib/POE/Kernel.pm#Signal_Watcher_Methods
and
http://search.cpan.org/~rcaputo/POE-0.9989/lib/POE/Session.pm#Exceptions

HTH,
David

On 7/18/07, Kenneth Flegal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am really hoping that I am just missing something simple with this one
but at the moment I am a bit stumped. I am currently working with
multiple components which are provided with an alias and then detach
from the calling session. This seems to be common practice with the
components available on CPAN. The program that I am writing runs as a
daemon so it is imperative that the program continue and should never
need to die completely due to a problem within one of these aliased
sessions. However in the case that one of these dies I do not have any
sessions that are considered the parent session so the DIE signal goes
uncaught and kills the whole program.

Ideally at this point I would like to create an event to catch any
errors that make it passed any given session regardless of it's parent
to ensure that the program handles an unhandled exception anywhere in
the program. I have been looking through the docs though and don't see
anything that would allow for me to do this since all handlers appear to
be for the session that $kernel->sig() is called in. I also tried
overriding $SIG{'__DIE__'} before doing anything else but this doesn't
seem to be doing the trick either. I would also like to be able to have
all of the information that the kernel exception handler provides when
it catches something which the $SIG{__DIE__} solution wouldn't provide.
Is there a way to do what I am looking for here? I would greatly
appreciate any advice that might point me in the right direction.

- Kenny

--

David Davis
Software Engineer