I rarely chime in here (but read religiously). A full book format is
preferable  - even if only in PDF to me. To inspire those of us don't
normally use POE to use it requires the informal style only a book can
offer. Reference material does nothing to help me see clear real world
examples of how things work in POE. I am one of the Perl coders out there
who have marveled at the things you are doing with POE, only to be
dumbfounded as to how to implement things in POE in my day to day coding
because I can't yet grasp it properly. Inevitably I end upmoving back to non
POE coding in Perl and keep watching this list hoping I will have the light
bulb turn on someday.

My 2 cents on the topic... I feel a book targeted at a mid level Perl
audience with "Here's how you would do this in Perl -> Now, here's the magic
POE can offer for you" sort of example method of discussion will really be a
boon to POE.

- Ty Roden