The documentation is likely at fault here. Please send a note to bug- [EMAIL PROTECTED], and I'll fix it while I'm rewriting the docs for 1.0.

--
Rocco Caputo - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Oct 5, 2007, at 11:06, Martin Evans wrote:

Hi all,

Just looking at POE for the first time and trying a few things out to get to know it. One of the items on my list was error handling so I was naturally interested in the DIE signal. I have:

    $_[KERNEL]->sig( 'DIE', 'signal' );

in my _start handler and a 'signal' event with handler. When I use Perl's die method in another handler the signal handler is called but arg0 is 'DIE' and arg1 is a hash ref as discussed:

http://search.cpan.org/~rcaputo/POE-0.9999/lib/POE/ Session.pm#Exceptions

The pod seems to suggest only a single argument is passed to a signal handler but I appear to be getting 2 as evidenced by:

    print "Signal $_[STATE] $_[ARG0]\n";
    my $data = $_[ARG1];
print "\tfile=$data->{file}, line=$data->{line}, event=$data-> {event}, from_state=$data->{from_state}, error_str=$data-> {error_str}\n";

in my signal handler which prints:

Signal signal DIE
file=single.pl, line=50, event=count, from_state=count, error_str=fred at single.pl line 52.

Is the documentation out of date?