*Hopefully this doesn't create a new thread.

I figured out the problem with having access to the Packages. I need to have
factories methods defined so that when the return came with the blessed
object, I had access to the object in ARG1 of the return.

$heap->{$alias} = POE::Component::Generic->spawn(
                    package => 'LongRunning::Test',
                    alias   => $alias,
                    methods   => [ qw( new create_message send)],
                    factories => [ qw(send create_message) ],  #NEEDED THIS
                    packages => {
                        'Other::Module' => {
                            methods => [ qw( orchestrate ) ],
                        }