Also tried creating the filter reference in the top level class and then
sharing it via our for all the subclasses and still no message.

-----Original Message-----
From: Taylor, Simon (HAL02:2611)
Sent: 27 October 2009 21:24
To: poe@perl.org
Subject: POE::Filter::Reference help

I can send messages between child processes and the parent process no
problem when i define the following sub in the class that is created
directly in the forked child.

But when the object is nested 2 or 3 classes into the forked process the
messages never get to the parent.

They fire fine but dont get received.

They don't show up when i trace out POE and aren't shown in the parent
log like the other messages.

I have to admit i dont fully understand how POE::Filter::Reference
achieves what it needs to. How are the end points between which messages
are sent determined?

Any clarification appreciated.

Simon

sub _ReportStatusToParent{

  my ($self, @args) = @_;

  my $filter = POE::Filter::Reference->new();

  my %result = (

      taskid => $self->{_id}->{section_name},

      pid => $$,

      status => $args[0],

      );

  # Generate some output via the filter. Note the strange use of list