It appears that you're using Perl's built-in shutdown() function rather than the "shutdown" documented in POE::Component::Client::HTTP. Of course, I can't really tell without seeing your code, but that's what it looks like from the calls you've shown.

Please look for "shutdown" in the POE::Component::Client::HTTP documentation.

--
Rocco Caputo - rcap...@pobox.com