Le Vendredi, 15 Janvier 2010 09:43:36 -0500,
Alejandro Imass <aim...@corcaribe.com> a écrit :

> From the information you are providing, a large MVC platform will
> surely be overkill for you. You don't need a Web Server since POE
> already has several HTTP server options you can use. Regarding a
> toolkit for giving your app a mantainable web front-end I would use
> one of the POE HTTP server options along with CGI::Application which
> will provide much more than you will need. If you want to add a formal
> templating layer go with Mason or the Template Toolkit.

Thanks for the comment.  My motivation to go with something that looks
like a framework to produce web-based interfaces is based on perception
of ease of getting it going.  So that the main work would remain with
making the actual application better, not on the web interface.

Since you suggest using CGI:Application and a POE HTTP server (which
one could be good for that ?) I'll then take a look and try to evaluate
the overhead. I'm somewhat familiar with the TT, so that's mostly OK.

Having a POE HTTP server would certainly make the integration with the
application easier, which is a plus.  Is there a SSL option with any of
the POE HTTP servers ?

Thanks.