Hello,

    I am the author of SimpleDBI and EasyDBI was forked from it to add
it's own features. I would recommend either one of them, but I need to
further understand what server framework you are using. If you're
already preforking, then why not use DBIC or any other DBI module? Are
you using POE in the forked children or just the parent?

    Hope you'll find POE a good fit for your program :)

~Apocalypse