From: "Rainer Klute" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I also think POI does not have production quality yet. The build
> gives me a deprecation warning, a couple of log4j configuration
> errors in the junit test, and then gives up with an error when
> building the docs.

Thanks for the report.

>Here's my build listing stripped down to the relevant parts:

"
    [javac]
/share/mark/work/jakarta-poi/src/testcases/org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/Tes
tReadWriteChart.java:106: warning: createCell(short,int) in
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFRow has been deprecated
    [javac]         HSSFCell cell = row.createCell(( short ) 1,
    [javac]                            ^
"

Can someone fix this?

"
   [junit2] log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
(org.apache.poi.hssf.model.Workbook).
   [junit2] log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.
"

I'll take a look, I think it's not hard to fix.

"
making-docs:
     [echo] -------------------------------------------------------------
     [echo]   Building docs, please stand by ...

owdocs:
     [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/xml/sax/ContentHandler
     [java] at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Unknown Source)
"

It works for me and Glen.

My guess is that you are using jdk1.4 and haven't putthe
/jakarta-poi/endorsed jars in
jre/lib/endorsed .

If IRC, there is a switch that can be given to tell JDK1.4 to use another
dir as the endorsed dir without having to copy jars.
Rainer, could you please do a check and try putting it in the script?

            - verba volant, scripta manent -