From: "Drew Varner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hey Folks,
>
> I hacked out some code to extract a WMF file from the byte array returned
by

> getThumbnail()
>
> I saved the WMF file to disk and imported it into Word so I think I am
good. I
> don't know that I can convert WMF to something meaningful in Java though.

For a hint, take a look at http://www.sax.de/~adlibit/index.html for
http://www.sax.de/~adlibit/WmfView06.tgz
It reads WMF.

The problem for us is that it's GPL (we can at most use LGPL jars) and that
it seems to use AWT.

If you or anybody wants to create small packages that read-write these kinds
of file formats, please submit them to POI and if they don't belong to POI
properly, I will put them under the Morphos project in Commons Scratchpad.

> Some of the parameters in the headers are SHORTs.
>
> Should we add the method Word.shortValue() or implement numeric types per
the
> FIXME in the Javadocs.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -