Yeah... definately ant rules.  Especially now that it's been integrated into
my GUI.  :-P

The amount of time Ant has saved me is awesome.  I love it.  It also works
great as a form of documentation for how the system hangs together and is
deployed.

Regards,

Glen Stampoultzis  (TriNexus Pty Ltd)
Fixed:+61 3 9753-6850     Mob:+61 (0)402 835 458
ICQ:  62722370    EMail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> I agree, shell rules .. rather, ANT rules.
>
> When i started coding in java years ago, i spend a lot of time writing
batch
> files to automate building and testing. A year down the line, i spent a
lot of
> time setting up IDE environment to automate building and testing. Finally,
two
> years ago, i spend some time getting all our projects on ant, and havent
looked
> back since... the life and times of a java coder :)
>
> >This detects all tests in
>
> I havent had a classpath set on my environment (or run a set classpath= ..
> command) for two years. At work, i threaten to fire people who come to me
with
> problems that turn out to be due to their having a classpath set. Its my
worst
> nightmare of java development, and i dont want to go there at all. Ant's
> abililty to control classpath is its best feature, IMHO (which is not to
say
> its classloader implementation is without controversy :)
>
> Regards
> -
> Avik
>

> Quoting Marc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > in
> > >>>
> > >Plus

> > >Damn shell freaks.  :)  Not that I care.  I usually just use
right-click
> > and
> > >select test from within my IDE.  I can then click straight through to
the
> > >error since Junit is integrated in the IDE.  Idea rules!  Oh wait... we
> > had
> > >this debate. :-)
> > >
> > >-- Glen
> > >

> > FWIW, as the buildmeister on my team at work, I was asked to add a
> > similar target to our build.  Mighty easy to alias such a command line,
> > and very handy when doing heavy refactoring to just run the relevant
> > unit test.
> >

> > >--
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > >For additional commands, e-mail: