The only reason I wanted to move it out is so maybe we could get some
more people to develop on it and use what it has. I have no problem
putting info on our HDF page that says "Currently HDF can read documents
great here is the link to the cvs location *link to scratchpad*" If nobody
else minds.

IMHO, I see more value in the reading of Word documents than writing back
to them. Should we be encouraging people to put their documents into a
proprietary format? Why not RTF or something? I'd be interested to here
everyone's thoughts on that
particular thought. Its a lil bit different with Excel. It is THE
spreadsheet format. Either way, I am committed to eventually enabling HDF
to write
MS-Word documents just trying to work out the  priorities

Ryan