Not to mention how disgusting it makes your code to have to do TheClassName.BLA_BLA in every method call when BLA_BLA is sufficient. Makes for long unnecessary line lengths. Using the interface is the best simulation of name spaces combined with defines.

Rainer Klute wrote:

I do not cast doubt upon use of constants in interfaces (esp. in case you outline) but write intarface consting _only_ of constants? I think in this case is much better use of public class - there is no need to derive from it or implement something. Just public + class reference is enough. And it is clean...

Yes, that's right - at least unless you want to allow to derive sub-interfaces from the first one that defines constants only.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
Dipl.-Inform.
Rainer Klute E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Körner Grund 24 Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund Telefax: +49 231 5349423