[moving to poi dev]
I have now confirmed this issue. A simple program reading different xls
files in different threads using different instances of PoifsFileSystem
and HSSFWorkbook fails.

I am currently unable to say further why this is so, since a quick look
at both POIFSFileSystem and HSSFWorkbook show no instances of static
data. Will look into this further.

Regards
-
Avik