From: Chris Nokleberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 23 September 2003 2:33 PM
To: POI Developers List
Subject: Re: VOTE: DBCell and Index Record patches on 2.0 branch

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 11:15:32AM -0700, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> I don't think our problem is this.  I think what needs to be done is
someone
> to diff the biffview of a blank sheet versus one poi modifies and see what
> extra records we write.  We never used to write these records and it used
> work (DBCELL/INDEX).  Thus I think we're writing too many records rather
> than too few.

FWIW I agree. DBCELL & INDEX should are optional--Excel should get along
OK without them. If you write a malformed INDEX record (e.g. pointing to
missing DBCELLs) it will of course cause problems, which is what sounds
like was happening.

Chris

This e-mail (including attachments) is confidential information of Australian
Submarine Corporation Pty Limited (ASC).  It may also be legally privileged.
Unauthorised use and disclosure is prohibited.  ASC is not taken to have waived
confidentiality or privilege if this e-mail was sent to you in error. If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender promptly.  While ASC takes steps to
identify and eliminate viruses, it cannot confirm that this e-mail is free from them.
You should scan this e-mail for viruses before it is used.  The statements in this
e-mail are those of the sender only, unless specifically stated to be those of ASC by
someone with authority to do so.