Lets go with the traditional thing

>Label things beta1, beta2 etc for development releases and full version
>numbers for final versions.
>Increase the major revision number for big changes.

Ryan, you'll have to take a call on where you want to make a release
from, HEAD or 2.0BRANCH. Currently all the HWPF code lives in HEAD.
however, HSSF on HEAD does not pass even the existing unit tests. Do you
want to make a copy of the HWPF code in Branch to make a release? Your
call. I'll help the best I can.

If we release from branch, lets call it 2.6beta1. If we release from
head, call it 3.0beta1. Right?

Regards
-
Avik