+1 to all of below, If you take the lead on this ;-)

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Stampoultzis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 5 August 2004 12:39 PM
To: POI Developers List
Subject: RE: Response to Rainer WAS: Re: [VOTE] POI 2.5.1 release

At 11:30 AM 5/08/2004, you wrote:

>Glen
>
>Ok done.
>
>I think that there is some agreement to move the 2.5 branch of HSSF
over
>to the HEAD, maybe then another release (2.6?) with the HPSF could be
>done. Hopefully this could all be done fairly quickly.

Yes.  I think we can say that we have consensus on that.  Failing any
volunteers I guess I'll sign up for that.  Is there anything I should be

extra careful about overwriting?

My plan is:

1. Tag the existing performance code so that we can refer back to it in
the
future.
2. Replace the packages org.apache.poi.hssf.*, org.apache.poi.ddf.*,
org.apache.poi.poifs.* in HEAD with the code in REL2_BRANCH.
3. Compare org.apache.poi.util.* manually for any changes that need to
be
merged.  (Replacing this package wholesale might screw up Rainers good
work
so a manual compare would be best).
4. Run the tests to try and make sure I haven't broken anything.

I think we should move the word stuff out of scratchpad also.  It has
lived
there long enough and with Piers patch it should be stable enough for
some
more serious bashing.

Regards,

Glen
This e-mail (including attachments) is confidential information of Australian
Submarine Corporation Pty Limited (ASC).  It may also be legally privileged.
Unauthorised use and disclosure is prohibited.  ASC is not taken to have waived
confidentiality or privilege if this e-mail was sent to you in error. If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender promptly.  While ASC takes steps to
identify and eliminate viruses, it cannot confirm that this e-mail is free from them.
You should scan this e-mail for viruses before it is used.  The statements in this
e-mail are those of the sender only, unless specifically stated to be those of ASC by
someone with authority to do so.