hy everybody, it's me again ... the one asking stupid questions :)

first i wanted to ask whats going on about the xml model definition files ...
are they mandatory? do i have to create such one first? (are all record
classes generated by such definitions?)

a second question i have to throw in is about the string conversion:
i ran into some deserialization problems for doper (autofilter) strings.
my attempt to reengineer the autofilter record completely fails when it comes
to the reserved fields of the autofilter structure related to strings. can
someone give me a hint if the referred book "Excel 97 Developer's Kit'
explains especially the undocumented reserved sections of biff records?

have a nice day
andreas