Hi wolfgang ,

I am not able to run the Quicktest.java file.B'case it is asking some of the classes.
So please send to me your *.jar files.I am waiting for ur replay

Thanks to replay to me...

Thanks
Srinivas

Srinivas Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi wolfgang ,

Thank you very much for replay to me.This information is very useful to me .I will try
and as soon as possible i replay to u.
Once again Thank you vary much and if any resource about hwpf and related topics
Please send to me....

Thanks
Srinivas

"wolfgang.unger" wrote:
Hi Srinivas,
I'm also new to Poi(hwpf), but try
this(from Quicktest.java hwpf package ):
kind regards wolfgang
p.s. you will need a complete(with hwpf)jar file, of course..
first, get the source and build it and include the jar in your
classpath or ide
-----------------------------
import java.io.*;
import org.apache.poi.hwpf.usermodel.*;
import org.apache.poi.hwpf.*;
HWPFDocument doc = new HWPFDocument(new
FileInputStream("..pathtoyourdoc\\1.doc"));
Range r = doc.getRange();

System.out.println("Example you supplied:");
System.out.println("---------------------");
for (int x = 0; x < r.numSections(); x++) {
Section s = r.getSection(x);
for (int y = 0; y < s.numParagraphs(); y++) {
Paragraph p = s.getParagraph(y);
for (int z = 0; z < p.numCharacterRuns(); z++) {
//character run
CharacterRun run = p.getCharacterRun(z);
//character run text
String text = run.text();
// show us the text
System.out.print(text);
}//for
// use a new line at the paragraph break
System.out.println();
}//for

}//for
}
catch(Throwable t){

> Hi guys,
>
> I am new in POI application developement .Now i want to read from word
file and write to word file data.Is it Possible .If possible Please tell me
the way of reading and writing and also please tell me the references site
adderess.