Cool, but:
I don't understand the sense...
It is very much easier accessing Office with VB, C++ (C# ?)and OLE.
Why should I want to use the complex Poi stuff, when
I can do it so simple like in VB without POI?
I thought the only reason using POI isJava...

Greetings wolfgang

> Have you yearned to use the wonders of POI in you .NET applications?
> Well, then yearn no more. POI compiled into a .NET dll is available at
>
> http://www.apache.org/~avik/dist/poi-2.5.1-dev-20040708.dll
>
> The following C# code uses poi to create a new excel file.. it compiles
> and runs successfully .. tested in mono, should be fine in windows as
> well. Of course, no warranties, it may eat your homework :)
>
> Done with IKVM. You need to download the IKVM runtime to run this.
>
> Thoughts?

> //Main.cs -- reference POI dll and IKVM.GNU.Classpath.dll
> using System;
> using org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel;
> using ikvm.lang;
>
> class MainClass
> {
>       public static void Main(string[] args)
>       {
>               Console.WriteLine("Hello World!");
>               HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook();
>               HSSFSheet s= wb.createSheet("Sheet1");
>               HSSFRow r= s.createRow(0);
>               HSSFCell c = r.createCell(1);
>               c.setCellValue(1);
>               java.io.FileOutputStream fs = new
> java.io.FileOutputStream("dotnet.xls");
>               wb.write(fs);
>               fs.close();
>       }
> }

+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl