On Tue, 4 Jul 2006, mr.jonze wrote:
I'd like to report an error that i found while using POI. I was retrieving the pictures from a ppt file and saving each one in a file and it was working ok, but i deleted one of the pictures of the PowerPoint file and POI was still saving it in a file. Then I realized that it happens when the source file of the picture is NOT a .PNG file. In this case, it happened with a .BMP and a .JPG file.

Are you getting the pictures from HSLFSlideShow, or from individual slides?

Quite often, powerpoint will leave behind old records when you do a save. So, it's not impossible that when you "delete" some images, all that'll happen is the slide -> picture reference is deleted. The pictures could well remain in the pictures stream until powerpoint feels like doing a full resave

As Yegor said, if you could upload the problem PPT file, and your code to bugzilla, that'll help us look into it

Nick